10/27/2005

Wake me when its over!

Wake me when it’s over.  This is going to go down as the most boring World Series in history.  Five years from now I don’t think you will be able to find 10 people who can tell you who was in the World Series, let alone who won.  The most remarkable moment seemed to be a game that wouldn’t end.  I don’t know if I have been spoiled by Un-reality tv shows that are so jammed with excitement and drama you can’t seem to catch your breath, but this series was lacking in so many areas.  

No one seems to really care that it has been 88 years for the White Sox.  I guess everyone got that whole thing out of their system for the Red Sox.  But even there you had pitchers fighting through blood oozing ankles, bad calls and questionable pitching changes, guys that look like cave men, and of course “The Curse”.   The biggest scandal was that MLB wanted the roof open in Houston.  

Try as I might I just could not root for one team over the other.  Whether it was a lack of drama or characters to root for, the simple truth is that this series will pass out of memory in a hurry.  Congratulations to the White Sox! See ya in 88 years, hopefully

No comments: